Current arrangements for admission to Reception
For full details of how to apply for places at Kingsfield Primary School for Reception-aged children, please see the Cambridgeshire County Council Admissions Information Website.
By law, children start school at the beginning of the term after their fifth birthday. In keeping with Cambridgeshire County Council policy, we offer education from September 2020 to children who will be five in the 2020/2021 academic year. We offer full-time education from September 2020 to any child for whom this is educationally and socially appropriate.
We admit pupils according to the Cambridgeshire County Council procedure:
- Children who have a statement of special educational needs that names the school will be admitted. N.b. Those children with an EHCP that does not name the school will be referred to Student Assessment to determine an appropriate place;
- Children in care – also known as Looked After Children (LAC);
- Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school at the time of admission;
- Children living in the catchment area;
- Children living outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission;
- Children living outside the catchment area who have been unable to gain a place at their catchment school because of over-subscription;
- Children who live outside the catchment area but nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
In cases of equal merit in each set of criteria, priority will go to the children living nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
The allocation of primary school places takes place immediately after the closing date of January 15th each year. Below is a information booklet that provides more information:
Over-subscription criteria change
Admissions Arrangements. Since we submitted our Admission Arrangements for 2021/22, there has been an update to the School Admissions Code that relates to Children in Care. All establishments are being asked to update their arrangement documents to include the following statement in their over subscription criteria:
Children who appear to the Admission Authority to have been in state care (i.e. in the care of or accommodated by a public authority, religious organisation or any other provider whose sole/main purpose is to benefit society) outside of England but ceased to be so as a result of being adopted only.
Children in other year groups
Children arriving during the course of the academic year are admitted according to the same criteria. Parents / Carers should contact the school office to make an appointment to visit the school. From January 2022, all in-year admissions will be dealt with by Active Learning Trust and not the Local Authority.
For further information regarding Appeals and the Active Learning Trust's timetable, please click here.