A uniform gives a school a sense of identity, belonging and pride. It also ensures all pupils are on an equal footing, provides good value for money and minimises conflict in the morning about what clothing should be worn! The Governing Body strongly encourage pupils to wear school uniform; please adhere to these guidelines at all times.
Please ensure all items are named and check regularly that your writing / labels can still be read clearly.
We use Birds of Dereham as our online provider for school uniform. Parents should use the code KPS20 at the checkout for free delivery to school which should be within ten days of the order being placed. For a small charge, orders can be delivered directly to your home address.
Please note that we still have some outstanding stock, priced below that of our online supplier. Once these items have gone, all orders will need to be made via Birds of Dereham.
Our supplier has high quality uniform displaying the school logo. However, you can purchase cheaper alternatives so long as they are in line with the uniform guidelines issued below.
- White polo shirt.
- Navy sweatshirt, cardigan or jumper. No fleeces or hoodies to be worn in the classroom.
- Black or dark grey trousers / skirt / pinafore, skirts should be knee length. Leggings / joggers are not appropriate attire for school.
- Blue / white checked dresses for summer.
- Black flat shoes / sandals (socks must be worn). No boots or flipflops should be worn during the school day. In cases of adverse weather, appropriate boots can be brought to school in a named bag so children can change for play times.
- Black shorts.
- T-shirt in child’s house colour.
- Black jogging bottoms and warm jumper (for colder weather).
- Plimsolls (for indoor use) and trainers (for outdoor use).
Jewellery, such as bracelets or necklaces, should not be worn to school for safety reasons. If a child has pierced ears, then small studs may be worn as long as the child is able to remove them when required to do so. Earrings must not be worn for PE lessons as serious injuries have been sustained as a result of contact between pupils wearing jewellery and other pupils, equipment or apparatus during physical activity.
Longer hair must be tied back for P.E. but we recommend that it is tied back at all times.
Please ensure that hair styles are appropriate for a school environment. Hair accessories should also be plain.